In January 2018, The New York Times published a profile of a New York-based recruiter called Mr. Gold.
The reporter had never worked for the company and hadn’t heard from him in years.
The story revealed the recruiter had a reputation for making false claims about job applicants.
“He’s just not a very good recruiter,” one former recruit told The Times.
The recruiter, a longtime friend, had also recently lost a job, and was “very much in the dark” about his future.
He told The New Yorker that Mr.
Gold had offered to give him a $500,000 severance package, but he declined.
“I don’t want to give money, but I do want to be able to give my family some stability,” he told the magazine.
The New Jersey Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (DWLD) investigated the matter and issued a letter to Mr.
Mangano, advising him that it was in the public interest to take immediate action.
The letter said that the agency had determined that “there is a substantial likelihood” that the recruitor’s actions had “caused an adverse effect on the recruitment process.”
The department also wrote that it could not determine the reason for Mr. Mangano’s dismissal.
In a letter sent to the recruizer in January 2019, the department stated: I find that your conduct has created a substantial and widespread risk of serious harm to the recruitment of prospective workers and has been used to undermine the recruitment and retention of New Jersey residents.
In particular, I find you have used your position as a recruiter to defraud and mislead the recruitment system in the State of New Jersey, thereby undermining the integrity of the recruitment procedures in New Jersey.
Mr. Mangano replied to the letter on January 25, 2020, but it wasn’t until a month later that he responded to The New Yorkers.
“Sorry to disappoint you,” he wrote.
“This is not something that I’m going to be going to the New York office, but if you have any more questions I can get you in touch with someone.”
He also promised to pay the department $1,000 in cash.
In response, the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) said the department would take action.
“It appears that the company’s response was not helpful to us, but we do not have the authority to take action,” DWD spokesperson Jessica Gagnon wrote to The Times in an email.
The department said it was taking legal action to remove the recruiler from the state’s payroll.
On February 12, 2020 the state Attorney General’s Office filed a complaint with the state Wage and Industry Division (WIDE), seeking a ruling that Mr Mangino was liable for the wrongful termination of his employer.
The complaint alleged that Mr Mangano’s actions violated several laws.
It specifically cited a New Jersey state law called “employer liability,” which states that “any employer who has lost a good faith contract with a person because of the employer’s failure to follow the provisions of this law or any other law shall be liable to that person for the wages of the person so injured, up to $1 million.”
In addition to the wages claim, the complaint cited a law that makes it unlawful for any person to “unlawfully interfere with an employer’s right to terminate a contract” or to “impose a penalty, penalty, or penalty for breach of contract.”
The complaint also charged that Mr Gold had violated “wage theft” laws by “knowingly and willfully causing” a “substantial and widespread” amount of money to be withheld from a New Jerseys paychecks.
In addition, the state alleged that the recruiter had violated the New Jersey’s “prohibited conduct rule” by “falsely or fraudulently” informing a prospective worker of his dismissal and “false or misleading” information about his salary.
Mr Mangio had previously told The Washington Post that his company was “a really good recruizer,” but “they’re not hiring the best people” in the industry.
“The job market is really hard right now, because of all the uncertainty, but they’re not bringing the best talent,” he said.
In December 2020, Mr Mangino resigned from the New Jerises payroll, which is part of the Department’s Wage-Hour Division.
The state’s Wage Division said that it had investigated the case, and found no evidence that Mr, Mangano had violated any laws or regulations.
“If the allegations are true, then it is not surprising that the Department has taken immediate action to terminate the employment of Mr. C. Mangino,” the Wage Division wrote in a statement.
The lawsuit against Mr.
Mangio did not include any allegations that he had abused his position as recruiter.
However, the State Attorney General is also investigating Mr.
Gagnon’s decision to dismiss him.
He has not been charged with any crimes.
The Department of Justice did not immediately respond